Friday, November 27, 2009

A CONTINUATION OF YESTERDAY'S SENTIMENT

As hatred, rancor, and division grow in response to uncertain times, I find myself drawn to these words and the choices they contain.

fawn curled up in grass













Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:

Lord, make me a channel of thy peace
that where there is hatred, I may bring love
that where there is wrong, I may bring the spirit of forgiveness
that where there is discord, I may bring harmony
that where there is error, I may bring truth
that where there is doubt, I may bring faith
that where there is despair, I may bring hope
that where there are shadows, I may bring light
that where there is sadness, I may bring joy.

Lord, grant that I might seek rather to comfort,
than to be comforted
to understand, than to be understood
to love, than to be loved.

For it is by self forgetting that one finds.
It is by forgiving that one is forgiven.
It is by dying that one awakens to eternal life

No comments:

Post a Comment