Saturday, April 7, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort of.


The Lighthouse Keeper - Luisa Buehler     

Grace accepts a friends invitation to Canada, where she and brother Marty try to rest and recuperate (from the goings on in the last book). But alas, drama and plot twists abound. (Really!)

Loved it. Next!




The Innkeeper - Luisa Buehler    

Each successive book in the series brings to life more of the peripheral characters. Along with plots, they have developed, some comfortably, some not so. But all of it keeps me wanting more.






The Reenactor - Luisa Buehler          

The author prefaces this book with the fact that it is the last in the series and bids us say "good night, Gracie." It was a nice little series and though I'm sorry to see It end, I understand.

This last book continues with all the things that made me enjoy the series, until about half way through. Decisions and happenings start to feel forced, like Ms Buehler had her normal outline completed but just got tired of writing and rushed it.


All in all, this series was still fun and compelling. I enjoyed it tremendously.



NOTE: These are not, in any way, meant to be comprehensive reviews.  
They are intended to acknowledge that I have read the book and give my honest core impressions. 

If a real review is what you wish, there are many wonderful book blogs available, and I have provided some tools to find them under the tab marked "Useful."




No comments:

Post a Comment