Tuesday, June 19, 2012

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.


The Language of Bees - Laurie R. King      

This book is the first of two parts.

It started a bit slow but picked up speed. And it was thoroughly crammed with surprises and new information about the Holmses (all of them!)

You've probably noticed a slightly determined effort to make my way through this series and finally catch up with its author. I am not obsessive.

Well, not much anyway.


The God of the Hive - Laurie R. King      

This second part was as packed as the first one (The Language of Bees) and I enjoyed it just as much. 

King's choices occasionally make me uncomfortable, simply because I am an old school Sherlock Holmes fan. But not being a purist, I can step back and see how they play out. So far, so good.

One more to go and I will be current. And you know, I think that after 11 books, I'll be ready for a break. Nothing against Ms King. I think I just need to see other authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment