Saturday, September 29, 2012

"I had a running compiler and nobody would touch it. ... they carefully told me, computers could only do arithmetic; they could not do programs."


black and white poster of a moth with the name Grace Hopper underneath it

Computer scientist Grace Hopper was instrumental in developing the first computer, the Harvard Mark I, and the first computer programming language, COBOL. 


Here a a couple of entirely appropriate, computer generated haiku:



chair plunder to you
you challenged and approved more
I went estrogen


leaving my target
I considered my fingers
into my sugar




Have some fun and generate your own:  Random Haiku OR Poetry CreatOR 2
For more information on Grace Hopper, try: linky, linky, linky, & linky.
Poster by: HYDROGENE

No comments:

Post a Comment