Sunday, December 29, 2013

The Lists That Started It All . . . Continued . . .

I have continued my journey through Kailana's lists of poems, determined to complete both lists and share the poetry on them with you.

Below are the poems I had left after my first post, and my final tally. The ones I have read are crossed off, and those I have not yet found are listed in bold.

There is a total of 7 poems I was unable to find. (But I'm sure it's only a matter of time.) I do, however, declare this challenge at an end. It has been a great experience because of the many new poets and poems to which I have been introduced, as well as all the old friends with which I had the chance to become reacquainted.

Of course, the poems on these lists have been showing up on the blog as I've found and read them.

Jason's List of A Month's Worth of Poems:

5 - If Not, Winter by Sappho (Haven't been able to get a hold of this one yet)
9 - Poems for Akhmatova by Marina Tsvetaeva (Haven't found this one either)


Lu's List of 100 Poems:

17. “What the Body Told” by Rafael Campo
18. “Cultural Stakes: or, How to Learn English as a Second Language” by Kevin A. González
19. “To You” by Kevin A. González
25. “The Afterbirth, 1931” by Nikky Finney
31. “Artichoke” by Joseph Hutchinson
32. “Something About the Trees” by Linda Pastan
33. “Lines” by Ruth Stone
34. “Prayer for Sleep” by Cheryl Dumesnil
35. “Of the Parrat and other birds that can speake” by Nick Lantz
36. “i have found what you are like” by e. e. cummings
39. “Grief Calls Us to the Things of This World” by Sherman Alexie
40. “How to Write the Great American Indian Novel” by Sherman Alexie
43. “Speaking of the Devil” by Leslie Adrienne Miller
44. “Cherries” by Leslie Adrienne Miller
49. “Pesto in August” by Katrina Vendenberg
50. “Op-Talk” by Rives (spoken word)
51. “Glaucoma” by Rives (spoken word)
52. “I Could Be A Poet” by Taylor Mali (spoken word)
54. “To My Lover, Concerning the Yird-Swine” by Julianna Baggott
55. “When At A Certain Party in NYC” by Erin Belieu
59. “Natural Wonder” by Diane Ackerman
60. “Buckroe, After the Season, 1942” by Virginia Hamilton Adair
61. “Louisiana Line” by Betty Adcock
62. “Language of Love” by Rae Armantrout
63. “Dusk” by Rae Armantrout
64. “Mothers” by Nikki Giovanni
65. “Poem for a Lady Whose Voice I Like” by Nikki Giovanni
69. “Lost in the Hospital” by Rafael Campo
70. “Firefly Under the Tongue” by Coral Bracho
72. “This Corner of the Western World” by Jennifer Chang
73. “Bankruptcy Hearing” by Dana Bisignani
74. “Requiem for a Nest” by Wanda Coleman
75. “sweet reader, flannelled and tulled” by Olena Kalytiak Davis
76. “Weighing In” by Rhina P. Espaillat
77. “Bilingual/Bilingüe” by Rhina P. Espaillat
78. “The Sign in My Father’s Hands” by Martín Espada
80. “After Fifty Years” by William Faulkner
81. “Ways of Talking” by Ha Jin
82. “Chernobyl Year” by Jehanne Dubrow
83. “Visiting My Gravesite: Talbott Churchyard, West Virginia” by Irene McKinney
84. “Our Lady of Perpetual Loss” by Deborah A. Miranda
85. “Love Poem to a Butch Woman” by Deborah A. Miranda
89. “Clarinet” by Terrance Hayes
92. “Genesis: The Resilient Colors” by Roberto Tejada
93. “As from a Quiver of Arrows” by Carl Phillips
94. “This Can’t Be” by Bruce Smith
95. “A Certain Kind of Eden” by Kay Ryan
96. “Paired Things” by Kay Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment