Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Series V - (Not Really) Guilty Pleasures



One of my series had a recent new addition!

Richard Castle's new Niki Heat book,


was released last month, and yes, I have ordered it.

I'll let you know how it is.

I enjoy the TV series and I think the novels, written by the title character, are a fun tie in.

I collect cookbooks written by characters from murder mysteries, so I guess I was already predisposed to like it. I have cookbooks 'written by' Kaye Scarpetta, Nero Wolfe, and Sneaky Pie Brown, From the kitchens of The Cat Who ... , and of course,  the world of Harry Potter (and always on the lookout for more).

I am in the middle of the Sister Mary Helen Series, Sister Carol Anne O'Marie, a nun who wrote murder mysteries about a nun who enjoys reading murder mysteries and ends up solving murders. It's been fun so far.

I am also a fan of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Series, from way back. As well as John Sandford's, The Prey Series and The Dismas Hardy Series , by John Lescroart.

I like the continuity of reading a series, old friends, familiar places . . . I'm sure that says something about the state of my psyche.

. . . And if I were really truthful, I don't really feel guilty about any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment