Sunday, January 31, 2016

BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.




A note about BOOK REVIEWS. Sort Of.:

These are not, in any way, meant to be comprehensive reviews. They are intended to acknowledge that I have read the book, and give my honest core impressions.

If a real review is what you wish, there are many wonderful book blogs available, and I have provided some tools to find them under the tab marked "Useful Stuff."






~ AUDIOBOOKS ~

X - Sue Grafton

Since I had to wait my turn at the library I didn't get this one read before the end of the year. But as always, it was worth the wait.

Kinsey is still doing well - and relying on stereotypes can cost dearly.







~ EBOOKS ~

Taken (ebook) - Robert Crais

This is actually the fourth book in the series, but I was unable to get hold of it until now. It was, as expected, worth the wait.

I think it's Elvis Cole's smart ass sense of humor and always on the ready sarcasm that I am drawn to. I wish I could get away with that type of thing. (Because you know I'm thinking it.)





~ REINCARNATED TREES ~

Speaking In Bones - Kathy Reichs

I finally caught up with the series. Now I have to wait another year for the next one.

The investigation in this one was sad and aggravating by turns. But Ms Reichs' writing keeps me barreling on.

Also ... Change is afoot.

Wherever You Go, There You Are - Jon Kabat-Zinn

This is the first of three books I read for this year's New Year's Resolution Reading Challenge, and it's review can be found at the top of {this page}.




The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living ... - Chris Guillebeau

This is the second of three books I read for this year's New Year's Resolution Reading Challenge, and it's review can be found at the top of {this page}.



The Life Changing magic of Tidying Up - Marie Kondo

This is the third of three books I read for this year's New Year's Resolution Reading Challenge, and it's review can be found at the top of {this page}.







No comments:

Post a Comment