Friday, September 23, 2016

Are You Looking to Diversify Your Reading a Bit?


I'd like to thank E. Ce Miller for this great list of poets.

Her post on Bustle, {12 New Must-Read Poetry Collections By Poets Of Color}, offers something for everyone.

I've been trying to diversify my own reading list and intend to work my way through this list.

She provides a review of each book, a cover picture, and a link to buy it. Some of the choices are:



* How Much We Must Have Looked Like Stars To Stars by Alysia Nicole Harris 
* Unbearable Splendor by Sun Yung Shin *
* The Black Maria by Aracelis Girmay *
* Landscape with Headless Mama: Poems by Jennifer Givhan *
* Blackacre: Poems by Monica Youn *
* Olio by Tyehimba Jess *

Click on the {name of the article above} to read her post and start something new. Happy reading. Oh, please come back and share your thoughts on what you read. I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to check out Landscape with Headless Mama. The Beyonce one won't be out until Feb. 2017!

    ReplyDelete